Return of the Wrap







Much to my delight, the wrap dress is back, and in a big way! Long overdue if you ask me. Not that this universally flattering silhouette has ever gone out of style, but it does fall in and out of favor.

I have always loved a great wrap dress, because nothing is sexier and more feminine. I found this perfect navy number while abroad. It is by a new-to-me French brand, Réalisation. This brand has certainly mastered the sexy sundress. Each dress also has a tongue in cheek description. This dress, the Alexandra, reads "Here’s what we know. Men love sundresses. We also know this point is actually pointless because we women dress for ourselves and ourselves only. But sometimes... just sometimes you need a get-out-of-jail-free card."

A perfect fitting wrap dress highlights and yet subtly reveals all of the right places. I personally love the balance of a long-sleeve mini dress. If your curvy or busty, wrap dresses are great becuase you can simply size up for added coverage, but the wrap style can still be cinched to highlight your curves. The long sleeve silhouette will also seamlessly transition into fall with over-the-knee boots or tights and booties.

While this dress is French, I have found so many great wrap dresses this season state-side. I recently picked up this Madewell number, which I love because it can be dressed up or down. Shop more of my favorite wrap dress below!

What are your thoughts on the wrap dress?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,